[BlueOnyx:08325] Re: Wordpress HowTo

Brian Rahill brian at rainstormconsulting.com
Tue Aug 30 19:31:22 -05 2011

On 8/30/2011 7:33 PM, User Ernie wrote:
> Did you test the Wordpress "Update  Automatically" button?
> If so, should I be getting the Solarspeed 5.3 package and trying that?

Yes, we can do the automatic updates through the WordPress admin area as
well as install third party plugins using the WordPress admin.

Here is our method for setting up WordPress sites:
Setup the site and turn on suPHP
Create a Site Admin for the site.
Set the Web Ownership in the BlueOnyz GUI to the newly created Site Admin
FTP WordPress to the site using the Site Admin user
Do the standard install of WordPress.
Now test automatic updates and plugin installs. They should work fine.

Good luck!

Brian