[BlueOnyx:09235] Re: Apache won't restart with SSL

Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc kenlists at precisionweb.net
Thu Dec 15 19:55:20 -05 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Fitzpatrick

This is the error when trying to restart/start apache with SSL enabled on
the first site setup on this new BO server setup....

Starting httpd: [Thu Dec 15 18:00:43 2011] [warn] VirtualHost x.x.x.x:443
overlaps with VirtualHost x.x.x.x:443, the first has precedence, perhaps you
need a NameVirtualHost directive
[Thu Dec 15 18:00:43 2011] [warn] VirtualHost x.x.x.x:443 overlaps with
VirtualHost x.x.x.x:443, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a
NameVirtualHost directive
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address x.x.x.x:443

The server only had one ip shared with the host name, couldn't remember if
that mattered, so I gave the vsite this different IP than the host is using,
still get the same error. The site has existing certs to bring over from old
host and was first having a redirect loop problem until I wiped the certs
and started fresh with a self signed cert from the GUI, now this error is
not letting me start httpd when SSL enabled. I found this doc while
researching the redirect issue. For 5107, this server is 5108....

http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/changeset/739

I applied the changes to ssl_perl.conf in the /etc/httpd/conf.d folder
during the redirect issue, but since restored to its original. I did find
when applying the changes, the first part of the change was already in the
file....

my @System = $cce->find('System');

The second change in that file was not present, I added. Anyone know what
might be going on? All updates are applied.

Thanks, Robert

-- Robert

<<

Robert

Are you sure that another site with the same IP does not have ssl enabled..
Take a look using
clistvsite

ls -ald /home/sites/*.*/certs

----