[BlueOnyx:09237] BX refusing to email user to external mail server - trying to deliver locally

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Fri Dec 16 09:26:49 -05 2011

Hi guys,

I've searched around a bit but can't find the answer to this one - although I think I've actually fixed it before but can't remember what I did!

We have a site www.site-a.com on a BX server. An online form on this website sends an email to user at site-b.com, and it just happens that the site www.site-b.com is on very same BX server.

When the form is sent, we get a CGI error. Looking at maillog, I get a 'no such user here' when trying to send the email to user at site-b.com.

I have tried both the 'disable email for domain' for both Site-a.com and site-b.com on this BX server, but nothing works.

When the form is set to email a user on a different domain (a website that does not exist on the BX server) - it works.

So for some reason, BX is trying to send the mail locally because the web site exists on the server.

There is no email hosting at all on this server - is there any easy way to fix it so sites never check for domains locally on the BX server when sending outgoing email?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff