[BlueOnyx:09272] Re: Help - quota file

Roman Buerkle nexxus at stimme.net
Fri Dec 23 09:20:02 -05 2011

Hello James,

just in case that the evil returns:

mostly when I get this "cannot set Quota für User" the reason ist,
that /home is not mounted correctly (without quotas).

so first check /etc/fstab for something like this:
"/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol04	/home		ext3	defaults,usrquota,grpquota	1 2"

and check /etc/mtab for:
"/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol04 /home ext3 rw,usrquota,grpquota 0 0"

/home must be mounted with "usrquota,grpquota".

If its not, correct it and either just reboot or fix it online:

(shutdown relevant services)
   service httpd stop
   service xinetd stop
   service sendmail stop
   mv /etc/cron.d/swatch.cron /root

(remount with quotas)
 mount -o remount /home
 mount

(fix quotas)
 /sbin/quotaoff -ug /home/
 mv /home/aquota.user /home/aquota.user.bck
 mv /home/aquota.group /home/aquota.group.bck
 /sbin/quotacheck /home/ -vugm
 /sbin/quotaon -ug /home/
 /usr/sausalito/sbin/disk_restorequotas.pl

(restart relevant services)
   service httpd start
   service xinetd start
   service sendmail start
   mv /root/swatch.cron /etc/cron.d/swatch.cron

Hope it helps :)

Greetz
Roman