[BlueOnyx:06477] suphp - via SSH and multiple sites?

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Mon Feb 7 15:16:56 -05 2011

This one really has me stumped - could really use a solution to this one guys please!!!

I have a BX server - that is hosting 10 plain and simple Wordpress sites - all ours, and with the same developers uploading code for all sites over the course of a day.

We can not use FTP/ FTPS due to NAT / Firewall restrictions with our setup - SFTP/SSH is fine though.

We are unable to find a workable setup with BX where we can update wordpress via SFTP/SSH, without us having to go in an chown all the files on a site to apache.

We have tried the suphp function - but it seems this only works with the siteadmin - we do not want to have to create 10 siteadmins, and regardless - the site admin can only upload files via FTP - not SFTP (via SSH). Annoyingly - siteadmins can not SFTP/SSH.

What we really want is to get suphp working with one account - like the server admin account.

Does anyone know how this is possible?

We could then use this one 'global' account and update all 10 sites via SFTP.

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Jones
jeffrhysjones at mac.com