[BlueOnyx:06501] Re: OWM and Spam

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Tue Feb 15 10:31:20 -05 2011

It seems no where you turn in web hosting these days, we are much like the
hometown hardware stores trying to compete against the Lowes and Home Depots
of the world, getting priced out of the market.  In this specific situation,
it involves one client that was hosted on Network Solutions who used their
webmail to do all their email needs.  Like Gmail, NS can afford to throw a
lot of resources at spam.

I am probably going to tell this guy to set up Outlook Express and let his
AVG software handle the junk.  The amount of time I have spent with this
client and his email compared to the free first month, free setup, then
$4.95/month, has put me at about a 10000% loss on this account compared to
others.