[BlueOnyx:06520] Problem with pam_abl

Michael Aronoff maronoff at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 00:25:10 -05 2011

OK, so I have 4 identically setup BlueOnyx servers. One developed a strange
problem today.

When I go to "Failed Logins" or "Login Manager" in the GUI it will appear to
hang there for up to 5 min. Eventually it will come up but during the 5 min
cced will be consumed dealing with that and I can't change any user
passwords or do anything else. Looking at the running processes it appears
that pam_abl_import.sh is taking a huge amount of time to run.

I tired hitting the "purge events" button but that did not help.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

The problem is it is VERY common for a user to forget their password and
call. 90% of the time they kept trying so I need to remove the block before
I reset their password and fix the issue for them. I used to do this in
moments while on the phone with a client but on this server I now need to
wait way to long.

How can I check and see if there is something wrong in the cced database
that is causing this issue?

Thanks,

Michael Aronoff