[BlueOnyx:06559] Re: Fwd: Email user/alias problem MAYBE FIXED

Steven Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Wed Feb 23 09:42:38 -05 2011

On 23 Feb 2011, at 14:33, Jeffrey Pellin wrote:

> So I replaced the complete contents of the codb.oid and I can now add and
> delete users and aliases, so it all seems OK right now.
>
> I stopped cced when I did this and restarted after, but I didn't export or
> import anything - I wasn't too sure what you meant by this.

Hi,

Glad it's fixed!

The import/export was a suggestion to run a full backup and restore to a new server incase something was lurking.

But if you're willing to 'see how it goes' you'll *probably* be alright. But if you see anything 'odd' happen I would recommend a rebuild just in case.

I'd recommend a full yum update and then a reboot to see how it is. We released a codb update a while ago which should have prevented this from happening. It could be that update was not applied. Either that, or the damage was in the past and only noticed recently. The update didn't 'fix' the broken stuff, just what causes it.

Glad all is well.

Steve

P.S. I posted a solution to this problem on the 1st ;) http://www.blueonyx.it/pipermail/blueonyx/2011-February/006440.html