[BlueOnyx:06211] Re: ***SPAM(6.0)*** Re: BX upgrade path

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Jan 1 02:59:43 -05 2011

Hi Kenneth,

> Can you give a realistic guess at when 64bit might beta?

No, sorry. It all depends on when CentOS6 will be released. At that point
it'll take some time to wrap up the 32-bit build of BlueOnyx on CentOS6 and to
roll up the CD.

Once that's out of the door, the work on the 64-bit build will start in
earnest. Much of it will be identical to the 32-bit version, but some
architectural issues need to be worked out. There is still a show-stopping
issue with CCEd under 64-bit that I couldn't work out before my previous 64-
bit devel box died. CCEd did compile, but it failed to do some of the most
basic things, which was pretty amazing. As I have no idea what the nature of
the problem with CCEd is, I don't know how long it'll take to fix it.