[BlueOnyx:06220] tomcat not working

Mortan Reggir merelysparkles at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 07:33:12 -05 2011

Hi,

yesterday I tried to run some jsp scripts. In the beginning they worked
without any trouble, but after deleting the web archive via the GUI a few
times, tomcat didn't work anymore. I unsuccessfully restarted tomcat, httpd
and the server and eventually reinstalled tomcat.

The status quo is that the jsp files still show errors even without jsp
content.

The errors of the example start with "javax.servlet.ServletException: Error
allocating a servlet instance" and continue with errors like
"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/HttpJspPage" or
"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.servlet.jsp.HttpJspPage".

echo $JAVA_HOME: "/etc/alternatives"
echo $CATALINA_HOME: <blank> or after setting it "usr/share/tomcat5"

/usr/share/tomcat5/logs:

Jan 3, 2011 1:50:03 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Allocate exception for servlet jsp
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspFactory

Jan 3, 2011 1:53:29 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Allocate exception for servlet
org.apache.jsp.jsp2.simpletag.hello_jsp

(http://pastebin.com/Ai0JazC4)

I think that a library is missing or the xml configuration got messed up but
I think that you know better.

Thanks for reading this mail,

Manuel