[BlueOnyx:06249] Re: Newbie Install

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Jan 4 17:59:26 -05 2011

Jon McCauley wrote:
> On 1/4/2011 5:04 PM, Taco Scargo wrote:
>> You might want to contact the Strongbolt2 people to see where they are with having a Strongbolt3 version based on BlueOnyx.
>> http://www.osoffice.co.uk/shop/strongbolt-installer-standard-edition-download-p-9.html
>>
>> With regards,
>>
>> Taco Scargo
>> taco at blueonyx.it
>>
> Most of my Raqs are now at the dump....I even tried the Strongbolt back
> in the time, but most of us on the list know it would be just easier to
> build a White Box PC and load BO

Whole-heartedly agreed.  I know that I've said it before plenty of
times, and at the risk of sounding like a "hardware snob", there just is
not any benefit to trying to run BlueQuartz or BlueOnyx on a RaQ
anymore.  Not when you can pick up decent P4 pizza-boxes for the price
of a few cups of good coffee.

If you're just looking for a project, and you enjoy beating your head
against a wall for minimum returns, then by all means have at it and enjoy.

If you have any aspirations of actually running a website, don't try to
make the RaQ do what it was never built or intended to do.   As we say
in Texas, don't try and teach a pig to sing.  It wastes your time and
annoys the pig.

If your goal is to run a BlueOnyx server dirt-cheap, there are much
easier options.  I can even offer some of those commercially.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services