[BlueOnyx:06283] Upgrading PHP for websites without breaking admin console gui?

Stuart McKnight stuart at stuartmcknight.net
Sat Jan 8 16:07:52 -05 2011

Has anybody successfully done this? I know there is a package which can be bought which is supposed to achieve this but I wonder if anybody has done the DIY approach and made it work? There are a couple of PHP applications which have now evolved to needing 5.2x of PHP if I want to keep them up to date. Which would be nice. Google found some chinese/japanese web sites which look like it was achieved but even with Google Translate, the steps did not seem to be obvious/complete.

Thanks all

-- Stuart