[BlueOnyx:06309] Re: set smtp to allow roaming users?

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Fri Jan 14 10:39:01 -05 2011

>    I've been researching how to allow users to use Thunderbird instead of
> webmail when traveling with their laptops.

Others have commented on enabling the submission port but if you have an
RBL list enabled such as Spamhaus ZEN then travelling people will still
be blocked as they will have a dynamic address.

To get around this you need to set Sendmail so that it Authenticates
before it blocks.  Backup /etc/mail/sendmail.mc first and then change
the following too likes to this...

FEATURE(delay_checks)dnl
dnl FEATURE(`greet_pause',`700')dnl

... a `/etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail restart` will then use the new settings.

I hope this helps.

Dan