[BlueOnyx:06314] Re: set smtp to allow roaming users?

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Fri Jan 14 20:10:39 -05 2011

>> FEATURE(delay_checks)dnl
>> dnl FEATURE(`greet_pause',`700')dnl
>
> And this shouldn't allow spammers unless they are using an SMTP
> authenticated account, right?

Correct, all it does is shift the RBL checks until after the
authentication.  It does take a few extra CPU cycles before it blocks a
spammer (although none extra that I have noticed) and it means you may
get a few extra dictionary attackers but if you have protection from
that it's what you need to do to let travelling users authenticate.

> By the way, my greet_pause was set to 1000.  ?

The greet_pause is disabled by the "dnl" at the beginning.  I believe I
had manually turned that on before then having to turn it off for this
change.

Dan