[BlueOnyx:06325] Re: 2048 bit CSR?

Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc kenlists at precisionweb.net
Mon Jan 17 11:56:10 -05 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "webmaster" <webmaster at oldcabin.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:34 PM
Subject: [BlueOnyx:06323] 2048 bit CSR?

> Has there been a solution to  2048 bit csr issue?
>
> My GUI is still doing only 1024
>

> Help got to renew some certs for clients!
>

>From the command line, for the siteadmin ssl, the method I use  is

cd /etc/admserv
openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout key -nodes -out request
Generating a 2048 bit RSA private key
..........................................+++
..............+++
writing new private key to 'key'
-----
You are about to be asked to enter information that will be incorporated
into your certificate request.
What you are about to enter is what is called a Distinguished Name or a DN.
There are quite a few fields but you can leave some blank
For some fields there will be a default value,
If you enter '.', the field will be left blank.
-----
Country Name (2 letter code) [GB]:US
State or Province Name (full name) [Berkshire]:California
Locality Name (eg, city) [Newbury]:Valley Center
Organization Name (eg, company) [My Company Ltd]:Precision Web Hosting, Inc.
Organizational Unit Name (eg, section) []:WebDev
Common Name (eg, your name or your server's hostname) []:www.yourdomain.com
Email Address []:ssladmin at precisionweb.net
Please enter the following 'extra' attributes
to be sent with your certificate request
A challenge password []:
An optional company name []:
?
?
cat request

The "request" is the CSR. After you get the certificate then I copy in the
cerfiticate, key, and request to the certs directory.  Then from the GUI,
import the  certificate 2, certificate 1, then root cert in that order.

----
Ken M
Precision Web Hosting, Inc.
http://www.precisionweb.net