[BlueOnyx:06338] Re: Cpanel to Blue Onyx move

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Wed Jan 19 21:57:25 -05 2011

I was able to get it working using a symlink by editing the site1.include
file:

# /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site1.include
# user customizations can be added here.
<Directory "/home/.sites/28/site1/web">
	AllowOverride All
</Directory>

And then adding the new site's path to its web directory to GUI open_basedir
settings for site1.

Riddle me this:

I have another site on this server that has an include file that looks like
this:

# /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/site4.include
# user customizations can be added here.
<Directory "/home/.sites/70/site4/web">
   AllowOverride All
   Options All
</Directory>

And HTTPD runs fine.  If I add "Options All" to site1's include file, I get
this error:

[root at web1 vhosts]# service httpd restart
Stopping httpd: [  OK  ]
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 5 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl_perl.conf:
$parms->add_config() has failed: Option All not allowed here at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/Apache2/PerlSection
s.pm line 203.\n
[FAILED]

Options All is not set for the overall server in the GUI, but otherwise the
settings for site1 and site4 are virtually identical.  Why adding "Options
All" to site1.include causes HTTPD to fail but not site4 is a head
scratcher.

It's the oddest things, like in the virtual site list in the GUI, when I
sort sites by Full Host Name, for the life of that server, it cannot list
the sites alphabetically.  Weird.