[BlueOnyx:06349] Re: Backup solutions via rsync and single DB dumps

Dogsbody dan at dogsbody.org
Thu Jan 20 12:48:04 -05 2011

>> There's been some talk recently of transferring from one server to
>> another using rsync. I've tried setting this up but as an rsync newby, I
>> can't see quite where to get started. Does anyone have any scripts or
>> little recipes that can be shared to get the ball rolling?
>
> Here's a blog post I wrote a while back on rsync...
>     http://www.dogsbody.org/2006/12/my-backup-solution/

Oh and P.S. There is now a great app, http://rsnapshot.org/ that will do
all of this for you without you having to mess with building your own
scripts if that is of any help.

I would be interested to know if anyone has used http://www.rsync.net/
or any of the other cloud backup services?  https://www.jungledisk.com/
for Linux too.  I am moving more and more to "Cloud" providers and
loving not having to worry about hardware any more!

Dan