[BlueOnyx:06350] Re: ColdFusion performance question

Joe Kelly joekellytx at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 13:19:54 -05 2011

A dedicated Open CFML engine server will perform much better if you
are not going to take advantage of all the services BO offers.
Otherwise, the ease and convenience with BO go a long way!

Adobe ColdFusion runs a bit differently than the other CFML engines
and requires more overhead than the lighter OS alternatives.  I would
highly recommend the smaller, lightweight, yet powerful Open CFML
engines over the big product on BlueOnyx.

Here's a quick review of how I installed Railo on BO.
http://www.cfjoe.com/index.cfm/2011/1/4/Railo-on-BlueOnyx

You should set your JavaHeap and memory:
http://www.cfjoe.com/index.cfm/2011/1/4/Railo-on-BlueOnyx

HTH,
Joe Kelly