[BlueOnyx:06383] Re: Disappearing DNS

Alan Kline akline at netins.net
Tue Jan 25 13:20:10 -05 2011

Hi Chris,

Yes, it's the server we worked on last week, and DNS is enabled. The
nslookup returns:

[root at www /]# nslookup
 > server xxx.67.248.202
Default server: xxx.67.248.202
Address: xxx.67.248.202#53
 > snugglebunny.us

Using nslookup in non-interactive mode returns:

[root at www /]# nslookup xxx.67.248.202
Server:         xxx.77.144.250
Address:        xxx.77.144.250#53

Non-authoritative answer:
202.248.67.208.in-addr.arpa     name = vm329.virtbiz.com.

Authoritative answers can be found from: (...etc)

One difference is that the new box is vm329a--could this make a difference?

Under TCP/IP settings, I had changed the host and domain name to
www.snugglebunny.us from vm329a.virtbiz.com...but again, as of 11:00
last night, everything was working fine. I went to bed last night, and
this morning, everything had stopped...

One other question: In the TCP/IP section, the primary interface is
shown as xxx.67.248.206, when the server gateway is xxx.67.248.201. Does
this make a difference?

Alan