[BlueOnyx:06415] Re: Cpanel to Blue Onyx move

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Thu Jan 27 20:35:23 -05 2011

> -----Original Message-----
> From: blueonyx-bounces at blueonyx.it [mailto:blueonyx-bounces at blueonyx.it]
> On Behalf Of Darrell D. Mobley
> Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:57 PM
> To: 'BlueOnyx General Mailing List'
> Subject: [BlueOnyx:06338] Re: Cpanel to Blue Onyx move

I wanted to say the Cpanel->BlueOnyx move was one of the easiest I have ever
done.  It was nearly as easy as a Cpanel Full Backup Restore.

I FTPed all the files down to my local computer, did a MySQL dump of the
database, then a full Cpanel tarball backup just to have everything in the
world somewhere in case something broke.

I then created the site on my BX server using the existing domain name, so
the paths could be manually edited in the osCommerce configuration, created
a siteXX.mydomain.com alias that referenced the same HTTPD configuration so
I could get to the site before the domain transferred.  I created a new
MySQL database in the GUI for osCommerce, imported the SQL export file,
changed a setting or two in the osCommerce MySQL "configuration" table,
created a site admin and added his email aliases and I was pretty much done.

One of the only changes out of the ordinary was to change the osCommerce
"admin" directory to "administrator" and make sure the site's files and
database knew that, since BX uses the "admin" directory alias already.

> It's the oddest things, like in the virtual site list in the GUI, when I
> sort sites by Full Host Name, for the life of that server, it cannot list
> the sites alphabetically.  Weird.

Has anyone else noticed this in their BX GUI?