[BlueOnyx:07629] Limiting auto-responses

Darrell D. Mobley dmobley at uhostme.com
Wed Jul 6 10:24:22 -05 2011

I have a question about Blue Onyx's "vacation" auto-response messages.  Is
it possible to somewhere configure a blacklist of email addresses NOT to
send an auto response to?  When I set up an auto-response, obviously it goes
everywhere.  The issue I am having is that some automated "alert" emails,
such as alerts set up through Google, are throwing back responses of being
undeliverable.

The original message was received at Wed, 6 Jul 2011 09:37:53 -0400
from localhost [127.0.0.1]

<domainname.com at alert.changedetection.com>
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 <domainname.com at alert.changedetection.com>: Recipient
address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table)

... while talking to alert.changedetection.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550 5.1.1 <domainname.com at alert.changedetection.com>: Recipient address
rejected: User unknown in local recipient table
550 5.1.1 <domainname.com at alert.changedetection.com>... User unknown
<<< 554 5.5.1 Error: no valid recipients

Perhaps I could set up something in my Sendmail "access" file to reject or
discard these emails before they get back to my inbox, as it's not a problem
for the recipient, I just hate my inbox filling up with these reject
notices.