[BlueOnyx:07643] Re: Solarspeed PHP 5.2.x pkg

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jul 8 14:48:51 -05 2011

Hi Robert,

> Just wanted to ask here, if I have a show stopping problem and need to
> uninstall, will the system revert back to 5.1.x for all sites
> automatically?

Yes, when uninstalled through the GUI, all sites that use PHP revert back to
the original PHP-5.1.6,

> Or is there a way to set a particular site to use 5.1.x
> while the 5.2.x package remains installed?

All sites usually use the same PHP version. However, with a small change in
one config file you could use suPHP to run one version of PHP, while all sites
where "just" PHP is enabled run with another version.

Although the differences between PHP-5.1 and PHP-5.2 aren't that big, so this
hardly won't be necessary. PHP-5.3 is an entirely different matter and most
older code won't run well on it unless it already has been updated with
regards to PHP-5.3 oddities.