[BlueOnyx:07648] Re: Solarspeed PHP 5.2.x pkg

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Sat Jul 9 09:17:10 -05 2011

On 7/8/2011 6:36 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
>> [root at www1 ~]# /etc/init.d/httpd restart
>> > Stopping httpd:                                            [FAILED]
>> > Starting httpd: [Fri Jul 08 15:36:08 2011] [warn] NameVirtualHost
>> > 208.38.145.23:80 has no VirtualHosts
>> > (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
>> > (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
>> > no listening sockets available, shutting down
>> > Unable to open logs
>> >                                                            [FAILED]
> I've seen this before and it can have a couple of natural causes. The easiest
> and less sophisticated way is to fix it with a reboot.

Thanks Michael, I installed on a production server and all seem to go
without a problem at all. The package reloaded httpd at the end of the
installation and restarts fine. I tested all to work including our site
that uses the pgsql extension, but later on, not sure what happened, it
will not load that extension finding this error in the logs when the
site tries to load using Postgres extension...

[Sat Jul 09 10:04:38 2011] [error] [client 220.181.108.158] PHP Warning:
 PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/home/solarspeed/php/lib/php/20060613/pgsql.so' -
/home/solarspeed/php/lib/php/20060613/pgsql.so: undefined symbol:
php_regcomp in Unknown on line 0

Then I checked phpinfo and it does not show the extension. I thought
perhaps an update caused as Yum was scheduled to do updates around that
time, but I compared to our test machine and neither server has any
updates pending. The test server still loads the pgsql extension fine. I
found the link below, but not sure what needs to be done...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBUQFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fissues.rpath.com%2Fbrowse%2FRPL-1449&ei=R1oYTqqWLMOdgQfT1dEp&usg=AFQjCNGU0Z_LFgbClk-ABRasjc8Yzv_zAA

Any ideas what went wrong with this extension?

Thanks, Robert