[BlueOnyx:07683] Re: How to revert from mailman back to majordomo?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Jul 16 00:47:19 -05 2011

Hi Jim,

> Mailman
> Problems I've encountered:

Some of the problems sound as if you're not running the latest updates of the
Mailman integration. Is the box fully updated, Jim?

With that I mean this issue for example:

> Jul 15 09:36:02 cms cced(smd)[3916]: handler_perl:
> rules/base/mailman/mailman_rules does not exist

AFAIK that has been fixed couple of weeks back. During the last published
version of the module the list names and addresses are now a bit more
transparent, if you enable the optional new "Site Prefix" feature. In that
case the list name will now be prefixed with the Site Prefix instead of a
number.

>Re: loosing the subscriber list

I haven't seen that before, but I'll see if I can replicate that.

As for uninstalling and reverting back:

1.) Remove all existing Mailman mailing lists.

2.) As root issue the following commands:

/etc/init.d/mailman stop

Then this goes all into one line:

rpm -e base-mailman-am base-mailman-capstone base-mailman-glue base-mailman-
locale-da base-mailman-locale-da_DK base-mailman-locale-de_DE base-mailman-
locale-en base-mailman-locale-en_US base-mailman-locale-ja base-mailman-
locale-nl base-mailman-ui mailman

It's possible that it complains that some of the "locale" RPMs are not
installed and cannot be removed. That's fine.

Next reinstall Majordomo via YUM:

yum install base-maillist-locale-en base-maillist-glue base-maillist-ui
base-maillist-locale-de_DE base-maillist-locale-da_DK base-maillist-locale-ja
base-maillist-capstone majordomo

That also goes all into one line.

Then you need to to make Sendmail aware of Majordomo again. To do this run
this script:

/usr/sausalito/scripts/initSendmail.sh

Upon doing so you may loose custom additions to your sendmail.cf and
sendmail.mc file, though.

Then - to be sure - restart Sendmail and CCEd:

/etc/init.d/sendmail restart
/etc/init.d/cced.init restart

That should do the trick.