[BlueOnyx:07687] Re: cce tools

Jim Scott jscott at infoconex.com
Sun Jul 17 19:02:44 -05 2011

On 7/11/2011 4:40 PM, User Ernie wrote:
> Billing programs like WHMCS, Modernbill, AWBS etc. have a custom server
> provisioning module, you have to modify it to do what you want. Typically
> that involves using curl to contact the BX server and exicute the cce shell
> commands. It would be nice if someone wrote a small daemon for BX that had
> an encrypted API we could call for prvisioning from a billing system.
>
> - Ernie.

Ernie, I wrote a small wrapper around CCE that provides a web services
interface that you can use to provision using HTTP Post/HTTP Get and
SOAP. I posted a while back that I had put a sever online if people were
interested in testing/seeing it. If enough people were interested I
would be happy to clean it up and get it finished. One implementation
detail however is that it is coded up in C# .NET and so required MONO
dependency and either hosting in Apache or via XSP Web Server which is
the path I choose. When I mentioned that the last time some commented it
could be done directly in PHP etc... however I am a .NET developer so
this was the language I chose. The fact that it was in C# and MONO
turned seemed to cause a few to not be interested and made suggestions
it be coded up to use PHP and thought it would be simple to implement.
However I am not a PHP developer so again I chose C# for my own use.
Also when I coded up this it was 2008 and to date I have not seen anyone
take on the easy challenge ;-)

Here is one of my older posts:
http://bluequartz.org/ml/archive/coba-e/13200/13299.html

Which dates back to June 2008.

The authorization mechanics I choose were a combination of
username/password and IP protection. Also the username/password used is
not authenticating via the machine but rather coded into the
provisioning application.

<add key="ValidIPAddressList" value="192.168.240.33"/>
<add key="ProvisionUsername" value="user"/>
<add key="ProvisionPassword" value="pass"/>

Here is the list of methods I implemented. Note the methods that end in
Ex are methods that use basic string parameters to get those method to
be supported using HTTP Get/Post. In my case I used the NON-Ex methods
as it gives me nice objects to work with. However the methods are
identical and in fact the Ex methods really just wrap into a call to the
NON-Ex method.

HelloWorld

AddVirtualSite
AddVirtualSiteEx

DeleteVirtualSite
DeleteVirtualSiteEx

VirtualSiteList
VirtualSiteListEx

I currently only use the VirtualSiteList to do reconciliation of my
websites in our billing APP as we do manual provisioning currently as I
never finished up our billing integration.