[BlueOnyx:07692] Re: blueonyx on a thinclient

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Mon Jul 18 07:02:32 -05 2011

Gareth Thomas wrote:
> iv got a few wyse and hp thin clients and i was just wondering if its possiable to install blueonyx on a thinclient  (for testing and just personal use) to free up space on my other boxs?

Hi Gareth,
I thought I would put together a quick list of things that BlueOnyx is
unlikely to run on, just for the reference of the list, since the
question seems to crop up every now and then:

- Debian
- An old Mac Classic
- A thimble
- Thin client
- Cobalt Raq2
- Old smartphone
- New smartphone
- Something other than a computer with i386 or i686 architecture

That last item should be your governing rule.  If it's not i386/i686
compatible, then it won't be a BlueOnyx host.

You're better off finding even a cast-off PC if you want to just "test
out" BlueOnyx.  Or you can find a provider that will give you a very
inexpensive hosted solution.  We provide BlueOnyx VPS for < $30/month
and I'm sure there are plenty of other possibilities around as well.

Besides, wouldn't running a "server" on top of a "thin client" cause a
rift in the time-space continuum?  Or at the very least just sound
strange?  :)

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services