[BlueOnyx:07759] Re: Cpanel conversion

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jul 20 21:53:44 -05 2011

Hi Darrell,

> I found a Perl script that would convert existing Cpanel full backup
> archives to Direct Admin restore files.  It could be used as a base to
> create a CMU import file as well, but it would require lots of hacking and
> testing.

Let me put it this way: I haven't touched Cpanel in years and I don't have
access to a Cpanel box at the moment. I looked at their site to see what the
current requirements are and what kind of demo is available. The grief already
starts with "public IP address required", which means I can't really test it
in house and would have to do it on a VPS somewhere outside.

I'll take a look at the backup archives of Cpanel over the weekend and will
see how difficult it would be to throw together a Perl script that converts
them to something that CMU can deal with.

But no promises, as my 15 day trial license for Cpanel will probably run out
before I get anywhere with this.