[BlueOnyx:07765] Re: Anonymous FTP

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Thu Jul 21 11:26:07 -05 2011

On 7/20/2011 8:20 PM, Darrell D. Mobley wrote:

>> I have compared all against a working anonFTP site on another BO server,
>> cannot seem to figure out why anonymous won't work on this one. Anyone
>> seen this behavior or know how to resolve?
>
> A recent ProFTP update wiped out my Anonymous FTP server.  Try unticking the
> Anonymous FTP server box for the site, saving it and then reticking and
> resaving it.  Even if you config file is correct, if xinetd wasn't
> restarted, it didn't pick up the change.

Yes, tried restarting xinetd, even the whole box, still cannot get
Anonymous FTP to work without being prompted for login. And the
anonymous login does not work with an email address for password. Only
users of the site can login, which takes them to their home directory
instead, of course. Can't seem to figure this out and can't find errors.
No one has had this happen before? I certainly haven't :(