[BlueOnyx:07909] Re: 5107R missing webmail support?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Jul 29 08:22:02 -05 2011

Hi Steven,

> Looks like the Onyx RPMs are not installing because a squirrelmail package
> is missing,
>
> On a CentOS 5 box (non-BX) it exists:
> # yum list | grep squirrel
> squirrelmail.noarch                      1.4.8-5.el5.centos.10  base
>
> So guessing it was dropped between 5 and 6?.. I've either misread something
> or we're going to need to make a squirrel mail RPM for 6 and bundle it
> with BX..

Squirrelmail used to be part of CentOS5, but in SL6 it's not in the "official"
upstream repositories. Hence it didn't get added to 5107R.

It is in EPEL, as someone pointed out, but I don't feel terribly inclined to
enable the EPEL YUM repository by default just to get Squirrelmail out of it,
as that would open up a can of worms.

So yes: 5107R has no built in webmail as of yet. This may change, though.