[BlueOnyx:07322] Re: Auto Responder Message with Japanase

Eiji Hamano bluequartz at hypersys.ne.jp
Tue May 17 04:29:34 -05 2011

Dear  Michael Stauber,

> Just to be sure: Which is the right encoding for Japanese emails? Is it
> EUC-
> JP, JIS or UTF-8? Which of the three works best for you, Eiji?
>
> I'll look into it.
>
> Michael Stauber

Sorry I was investigating,  since  it is a talk troubled by Japanese people.

I think  it is JIS code (ISO-2022-JP).

Some of  microsoft email servers can handle both JIS and utf8.
And many mailers can read both JIS and utf8 now.

But JIS will be continue to use permanently at least EMAILs for Japanse
characters.

Other hand,  the number of  UTF8 Japanse WEB sites is going to increases,
because of  increaseing php.  PHP group determined utf8 as standard, not
EUC-JP.

Eiji Hamano