[BlueOnyx:07364] Re: 3rd Party Software

Scott sstahl at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:03:47 -05 2011

I have updated using a third party yum repo without problems for PHP /
Mysql for sometime now.  There are some problems with this however
since you need to allow the BO backend to continue using the older
PHP.  There are also some caveats as well that my occur like the
recent change in the Zend optimizer.  Unless you are well versed and
can spend the time troubleshooting I would not recommend this route.

I would strongly recommend using the paid addons simply because they
are on top of updates and if things break they do their very best to
makes things work.

Regards,

Scott.