[BlueOnyx:07396] Re: lsscsi

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu May 26 18:25:21 -05 2011

Darrell D. Mobley wrote:
> No, I haven't, it's still in its default state, but I will follow this
> tutorial and see if I can muddle through it.
>
> And this configuration of iscsi will then allow lsscsi to return data?
> Cool.

Ummmm... lsscsi and ISCSI are 2 different things.  You don't need to
configure a thing to use lsscsi.  All lsscsi does is "ls" your "scsi"
devices.

You could also do a # cat /proc/scsi/scsi

If you're not getting any output, it's likely because you're running a
hardware RAID card (which you are).  The hardware RAID card is sitting
between the drives and the OS, and so the OS isn't actually seeing those
drives, so it has nothing to list.

--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services