[BlueOnyx:08360] Re: Feature request quotas

User Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Thu Sep 1 18:42:23 -05 2011

I used to get quota notifications os an admin on Raq550 and Bluequartz, they
were kind of anoying as the Subject was not in plain text! I havent seen any
in BlueOnyx but that could be my inbox filtering.

What would be nice is to have the ability to send different types of
notifications to different email addresses. eg. A site admin can easily deal
with a users quota adjustment, so the server admin probably doesn't need to
know about that, but does need to know if /var fills up or the CPU is stuck
at 99% etc.

- Ernie.

> Hi Gerald,
>
> > Not sure if it works,
> > but look in active monitor
> > Disk Usage -> Notification settings
> >
> >         When User Exceeds Allowed Disk Space
> >            Send Alert Notification Email Email User
> >         When Site Exceeds Allowed Disk Space
> >            Send Alert Notification Email
>
> That should still work. I remember fiddling around with it sometime last year,
> because it was sending emails when the space was almost exhausted. On very
> small quotas such as 5MB ones the notification email then even wouldn't go
> through anymore.
>
> But I think what Jeffrey asked for was a notification to admin, too.
>
> --
> With best regards
>
> Michael Stauber

"I Ping therefore I am."