[BlueOnyx:08419] OpenVZ template - can't start setup

Frank Soyer fsoyer at systea.net
Sat Sep 10 11:30:59 -05 2011

Hi list,

I was testing a BlueOnyx install as openVZ container on a Proxmox
server.
I've downloaded templates from http://devel.blueonyx.it/openvz , the 5.5
and the 5.6 (I tried the two versions).

After renaming the template (or Proxmox can't see it) I can create and
start a VM with it, no problem.
I launch a VNC console, I have the root prompt, it's OK, but I see that
there is no network-script.sh in /root. why ? OK, I setup the network
manually.
Network start,  I ping something like google.com, no problem.

Now I launch the GUI. The "intro.html" page appears with the "start"
button, click on it... But nothing appends. It stays here, on
intro.html.
Ok I try to ssh. Can't connect as admin, or root, with the password
provided at vz creation... In VNC console, I see :
- there is no "admin" user (?????)
- there is no /home/.sites and /home/sites directories (but maybe are
they created with the first vhost ?)
- ssh for root is not allowed (and the sshd_config file is strange, not
like others on standard BlueOnyx installs).
I force PermitRootLogin to yes and can know ssh it.

But I can't use it if the GUI don't work...

has anyone played with vz templates ? Can anyone explain me how it must
go ?

Thanks for your help.
Frank