[BlueOnyx:08466] Re: DDNS on B*

Lew Berry LCBerry at LCBConsulting.net
Wed Sep 14 16:24:17 -05 2011

That pretty much how we do it. AD stuff is all internal with a few
static A records for external (depends on if your using .local or an
Internet domain) servers if hosted offsite.  Then we publish to BX
anything we want to be internet facing.

Lew Berry, MCSE, MCT, CSSA
LCB Consulting Inc.
Systems Engineer
450-106 State Road 13 N, #205
St Johns FL, 32259
LCBerry at LCBConsulting.net
(904) 482-1405
(904) 322-5049 fax
(904) 651-1046 cell

****** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ******
NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may
contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely
for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or
its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this
message from your system. Thank you.
> Cc: blueonyx at blueonyx.it
> Subject: [BlueOnyx:08464] Re: DDNS on B*
>
> I would strongly recommend using the BO DNS as stand alone nameservers
> for your domains.  Besides you will want static IPs assigned to the BO
servers
> anyways.
>
> Use AD for your internal network only.
>
> Scott.
>
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Joel Witherspoon
> <jwitherspoon at cousd.net> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I've just recently updated my DNS servers from Blue Quartz to Blue
> > Onyx 5107. We are moving from a Novell eDirectory based infosys to a
> > Windows Active Directory system. Since Active Directory (AD)
requires
> > DDNS, will B* work with it out of the box? If not, are there work
arounds?

> > -Joel Witherspoon
> >

> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail and any attachments may contain
> > non-public, confidential or legally privileged information. If you
are
> > not the intended recipient, you are notified that any unlawful
> > interception, disclosure, printing, copying, distribution or use of
> > the contents is prohibited under the Electronic Communication
Privacy