[BlueOnyx:08502] BlueOnyx 5108R released

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Sep 16 22:19:59 -05 2011

Hi all,

We are happy to anounce the release of the 64-bit version of BlueOnyx 5108R.

So far BlueOnyx had only been available as 32-bit version (5106R on CentOS
5.7, or 5107R on Scientific Linux 6.1).

While this isn't much of a limitation for a general purpose internet server,
there sure are times and purpose where 64-bit may offer some extra advantages.

After the recent release of BlueOnyx 5107R and solving the few toothing
problems that showed up, we shifted our development focuss to porting BlueOnyx
to 64-bit. This endeavour turned out to be easier than anticipated and
therefore we can now release our 64-bit BlueOnyx 5108R a bit earlier than
expected.

In terms of features, functionality and ease of install it is identical to
BlueOnyx 5107R and from now on both 5107R and 5108R will be very close cousins
code wise and update wise.

The CD version of BlueOnyx 5108R is named BlueOnyx-5108R-SL-6.1-20110916.iso
and can be downloaded from the usuall download locations indicated on this
page:

http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?page=downloads

A Tar-Ball version and an OpenVZ template of BlueOnyx 5108R will be made
available within the next couple of days.