[BlueOnyx:08518] Re: IMAP issue

Ken - Precision Web Hosting, Inc kenlists at precisionweb.net
Mon Sep 19 15:27:33 -05 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Wayne Michael

I noticed these messages in my log file:

 Dovecot disconnects:
    no reason: 46 Time(s)

 **Unmatched Entries**
    dovecot: imap-login: Can't connect to auth server at default: Too many
open files: 110444 Time(s)
    dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts): rip=127.0.0.1,
lip=127.0.0.1, secured: 41 Time(s)
    dovecot: imap-login: socket(default) failed: Too many open files: 110444
Time(s)
    dovecot: pop3-login: Aborted login (no auth attempts): rip=127.0.0.1,
lip=127.0.0.1, secured: 56 Time(s)
    dovecot: pop3-login: Can't connect to auth server at default: Too many
open files: 118271 Time(s)

110444 files seems like an excessive amount of files.

Normal stuff?

>>Too many open files
It seems like  it's not necessarily related to the dovecot.  Your server has
too many files open.
See what processes are running:
ps fauxw

----