[BlueOnyx:08539] Sysylog possibilities

Support support at etmpacific.com.au
Wed Sep 21 20:26:40 -05 2011

Michael,

I have a question and a request....

I have been looking at syslog as a way of logging the events from my own
java code and I added -r to '-m 0' ( to be '-r -m 0' ) to
/etc/sysconfig/syslog and it works as expected but I wanted to check if this
is correct in your opinion and secondly if you thought that the
/etc/sysconfig/syslog file should be set immutable or is it never updated?

Then I looked at how to display the resulting file and thought that the best
way to do it would be in the admin gui so I was wondering if it would be
possible for you to add the contents of ( for example ) a file in /var/log
called 'extrafiles.conf' which would contain any file names that should be
added to the logs dropdown? This would mean that there would not be a need
to constantly rework the admin gui page after an update.

Regards

Tony