[BlueOnyx:08562] Re: Subject line admin mail messages

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Sep 22 17:36:10 -05 2011

Hi Maurice,

> Just loaded 5107R as a test. I notice that the subject line of admin mail
> messages (like over quota), is a bit weird:
> Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Quota Warning=?=

Hmmm ... could be that the script that generates these emails still uses the
crappy i18n-mail function of the GUI, which never worked right. Most of the
email functionality (like in Swatch) was long ago moved to perl-MIME-Mail
instead, which handles UTF-8 formatted emails a lot better.

I'll check where these emails come from and switch it to the new mailer, too.
That should deal with those issues.