[BlueOnyx:08580] Re: Subject line admin mail messages

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Sep 23 10:52:12 -05 2011

Hi Barry,

> Active Monitor has detected recent changes in the state of your server
> appliance.For more details, please see the Active Monitor section of the
> Server Desktop.Summary of changes: *
>  -
>  -
>  -

OK, to get rid of these particular "empty" message, go to "Active Monitor" /
"Settings" and move the monitoring of "Disk Integrity" to the righthand site
into the field "Components not monitored". Which is where it belongs on a box
without software RAID.

>          1. Where do I fix where root sends email?
>          2. How do I redirect email to root?
>          3. There does not appear to be an admin account
>                   in the BX GUI.  At least it is not in any
>                   of the domains on the virtual site list.

When you login to your GUI as "admin", you can click on "Personal Profile".
That's where you configure the email settings for this account. You can for
example redirect emails that go to "admin" to another email account there.

Emails to "root", "postmaster" and a few other system accounts all go into the
mailbox of user "admin".

"Active Monitor" (which sends notification emails on certain system events)
will sometimes mail with "admin" and sometimes with "root" in the sender
address. System cronjobs (Logwatch, etc.) typically mail with "root" in the
sender address. Yeah, this is a bit inconsistent, I know. But it's just a
minor irritance, as like said: Mail to "root" and "admin" ends up in the same
mailbox (that of user "admin") anyway.