[BlueOnyx:08623] MySQL

Martyn Bailey martyn at solis.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 14:45:01 -05 2011

Crumbs, I've been subscribed to this list since 6th Jan 2009 - and
this is the first time I've managed to get 'The Management' to allow
me to migrate from Blue Quartz to Blue Onyx!

Anyway, just installed BlueOnyx-5107R-SL-6.1-20110913 in one of
our Dell Poweredge 1425s and I'd have to say (and so sorry to
Hisao) it looks very good indeed.

However, the downside is going to be that I've a reasonably steep
learning curve to go through, and the first is that although enabled
in Server Management > Netword Services, MySQLstatus is
saying:

"MySQL connection cannot be established. Check settings."

So, this is mt first of many "I'm not really a clueless newbie,
honest" queries - there will be many more to come, I assure you.

Oh, Mr Stauber and BO Team - CHEERS!
This is what Cobalt really should have developed into all those
years ago.

BTW - Michael Stauber, did you ever release MyDNS as a
package for BO/BQ?