[BlueOnyx:08643] Re: Yum update output on 5107R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Sep 27 11:15:39 -05 2011

Hi Maurice,

> I have configured a 5107R to enable email notifications for the
> automatically yum updater. The logfiles by email that this setting
> generates, can't be read with mutt or my iphone.
>
> Apparently, they have a unusual coding:
>
> Is there a way to correct this?

The YUM update from Sunday / Monday should have fixed this. On 5107R and 5108R
we ended up having two cronjogs doing YUM updates: One provided by the OS and
one provided by the GUI through the base-swupdate module.

The new base-swupdate module now disables the OS included auto-updater and
just uses the one that the GUI provides.

And yes: The OS included auto-updater sent the update emails rather as
attachment than as plain text.