[BlueOnyx:08648] Re: Email issue

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Tue Sep 27 15:29:38 -05 2011

I've seen this before.  The website is on the BlueOnyx box, and e-mail is handled by some other machine (like a yukkkk Exchange).  But the BlueOnyx server knows that domain is on it and tries to deliver it locally.  Yep - I've run into that.

Before BlueOnyx (BlueQuartz days), you had to go into the Sendmail configuration files in /etc/mail and remove all traces of the domain.  Restart Sendmail and it would work OK.  But make any modifications to that domain's settings - and you had to do it again.  Not fun.  And not easy, if you're not comfortable at the command-line.

But I believe that with the BlueOnyx - you can simply click the "Disable E-mail for Domain" checkbox and that will take care of it for you.  Look in the site setup, under the left side SERVICES, and E-MAIL.  No more having to do it at the command-line, now its in the GUI.

Let us know if that works for you.

Chuck