[BlueOnyx:10169] Re: Trojans and backdoors?

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Apr 18 04:37:40 -05 2012

Hi Steffan,

> I didn't enable suphp for my costumers
> In the past ist breaks several things like webmail
> And I believe joomla also had problems with this
>
> Is this not an issue anymore on 5107+

Greg Kuhnert and I tackled the suPHP issue with RoundCube webmail and WebApps
such as Joomla, Wordpress and so on recently. Starting with RoundCube v 0.7.1
this is fixed.

RoundCube is now individually and automatically installed into any Vsite -
instead of installing it globally on the server itself.

During the install of webapps it is also checked if suPHP is enabled and if
so, the ownership of the installed webapp is set to the siteAdmin in question.

Lastly: If a webapp requires certain PHP flags to be set in a special way,
then these information is now not only written to the Vhost container with
php_flags and/or php_admin flags, but also appended to the separate php.ini of
a suPHP enabled Vsite.

That way we eleminate all the common problems that older applications had with
suPHP.