[BlueOnyx:11781] Re: Web Alias Redirects with SSL

Carl E. Hartung carlh04426 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 23:54:21 -05 2012

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 14:39:27 -0500
Robert Fitzpatrick <robert at webtent.org> wrote:

> Having the worst time trying to get SSL to redirect to the proper host
> name of the cert when no host is used (i.e.: https://vsite.com
> redirect to https://host.vsite.com). The 'Web Alias Redirects' don't
> seem to work when using SSL. Using http, the redirects work just
> fine, but with https, it does not redirect. I have not been able to
> get Rewrite rules to work in the sites .htaccess file even though
> AllowOverride All and Options All have been enabled in the GUI under
> Server Management -> Network Services -> Web settings. Is it possible
> to get SSL to redirect? I have tried on a 5106 and 5108 server.
>
> Thanks, Robert

I was expecting to see some replies here for you by now, Robert. Since
I don't, I'll share the links I use (because they always help):

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/rewrite/

http://www.askapache.com/htaccess/mod_rewrite-variables-cheatsheet.html

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/rewrite/flags.html

and