[BlueOnyx:11826] Re: Vacation messages

Gregg greggk1 at cox.net
Tue Dec 18 12:02:57 -05 2012

> >> Greg
> >>
> >> If you rename the server and then name it back to the original, then
> >> rename
> >> the site and then name it back to the original, does that make a
> >> difference?
> >>

> >> Any anomolies in the files below compared to other servers?
> >> /etc/hosts
> >>
> >> /etc/resolv.conf
> >>
> >> /etc/mail/local-host-names
> >>
> >> /etc/HOSTNAME
> >>
> >> /etc/sysconfig/network
> >>
> >> ?
> >>

> >> If you edit the sendmail.cf and uncomment
> >>
> >> Dj$w.Foo.COM
> >>
> >> and put in the actual server name there, then restart sendmail, does
> >> that
> >> help?
> >>

> >> Ken Marcus
> >
> > First of all, thank you for replying Ken :)
> > I did check all of those 5 files as you suggested and compared it to
> > another
> > server, and it all seems good.
> > I renamed the server, and then renamed it back, same with the site.
> > I tested again, and again I see this in the maillog:
> > Dec 17 18:19:24 ns1 sendmail[2831]: qBI1JOYR002831: Losing
> > ./qfqBI1JOYR002831: savemail panic
> > Dec 17 18:19:24 ns1 sendmail[2831]: qBI1JOYR002831: SYSERR(testiso):
> > savemail: cannot save rejected email anywhere
> >
> > Then I checked in /etc/spool/clientmqueue and this is what is in
> there:
> > The original message was received at Mon, 17 Dec 2012 18:19:24 -0700
> > from testiso at localhost
> >
> >   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> > gregg at mydomain.com
> >    (reason: 553 5.3.0 <testiso at ns1.domain.com>... No such user here)
> >    (expanded from: gregg at mydomain.com)
> >
> > Any other suggestions?
> > Thanks again.
> > Gregg
> >

> Gregg
>
> If you type    hostname        at the command prompt, does it show you
> the
> correct server name?
>
> Also, my servers don't have /etc/spool/clientmqueue
> I do see /var/spool/clientmqueue
>
> Ken Marcus

Ken,
I managed to get it to work. From the errors that I was getting, "No such
user here" I decided to manually edit the virtusertable
/etc/mail/virtusertable.
The user already had 2 aliasas
testiso at www.virtdomain.com	testiso
testiso at virtdomain.com		testiso

I added two extra aliases
testiso at serverdomain.com	testiso
testiso at localhost			testiso

That made it work, the server no longer thinks the user doesn't exist.
The problem was that the server was looking for the user at the main server
level, and even though it exists on the virtual server level, it did not
exist at the main server level if that makes any sense.
It's a roundabout way of getting it to work, but at least it's working now.
Very weird problem.
Thanks.