[BlueOnyx:11834] Re: SSL certificate minimum key length issues on BQ5100R

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Wed Dec 19 22:08:16 -05 2012

On 12/19/2012 8:36 PM, David Hahn wrote:
> Anyone run into problems when submitting a CSR (signing-request)
> for a SSL Cert. lately? Today when replacing one I get this..
>
> "Your CSR contains a key size that is no longer considered secure.
> Security best practices require a minimum key size of 2048 bits. Please
> submit a new CSR with a minimum 2048 bit key size."
>
> Up to a few months ago the cert. companies allowed the 1024 bit key size..
>
> Will upgrading the OS to 5106 fix this issue or
> might the Older Hardware be the issue or both?
> Any ideas or a fix?

I would skip 5106R completely and run to 5107R or 5108R on a 64-bit
compatible box (I like MySQL on 64bit myself).

But it should be possible to manually generate your 2048 bit key if you
like.  Michael posted a procedure for this last June that should work
for you.   Try this:
http://mail.blueonyx.it/pipermail/blueonyx/2011-June/007472.html

Best of luck,

--