[BlueOnyx:11865] Re: Can't send mail from PHP without a mailalias

David Hahn ml at sb9.com
Wed Dec 26 14:45:58 -05 2012

On 12/26/2012 4:52 AM, Dogsbody wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have two sites (example.com and example.net) We'd like mail to go to
> both domains but separate websites...
>
> Site: www.example.com
>     Web Alias - example.com
>     Mail Alias - example.com, example.net, www.example.net
>
> Site: www.example.net
>     Web Alias - example.net
>     Mail Alias - <blank>
>
> ... email is running fine and the sites work fine but I can't send any
> email from the www.example.net site at all.
>
> The site is wordpress and it's just using phpmail so I'm guessing there
> is some form of protection included somewhere?
>
> Any guides as to what it is an how to turn if off please?
>
> Thank you :-)
>
> Dan

Not sure this will help..... Why not add a alias? what does the mx
records show for those domains?
Make sure they are not the same. one should have a hostname
the other won't.. I use the 5th argument in $mail_exit =
@mail(to,subject,body,headers,-f your.domain.com); to force
a valid return-to: address, make sure the email is enabled in the GUI
and its not disabled. php runs as apache.
Some may not allow email unless the headers make a little sense.

Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 04:48:23 -0600
To: David <yo at 999.com>