[BlueOnyx:09294] Re: 1 server working and one to go on Mirroring

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.net
Sun Jan 1 10:01:39 -05 2012

Franklin S Werren wrote:
> Hi
>
> I got the one server to mirror ok, Thanks for the Help, but I still have one
> not mirroring.... The following I get from the server
>
> <------------
> Your system is configured for disk mirroring (RAID 1) using 2 disks.
>
> The system has paused when resynchronizing the information on the disks. Please wait a few minutes for synchronization to resume. If
> synchronization does not resume, please refer to http://BlueOnyx.it/ for assistance.
>
> ------------------>
>
> cat /proc/mdstat
> Personalities : [raid1]
> md0 : active raid1 sda1[0]
>       256896 blocks [2/1] [U_]
>
> md1 : active raid1 sda2[0]
>       976502912 blocks [2/1] [U_]
>

> I suspect the command line that fixed the other server
> was not crafted right for this server.
>

> mdadm /dev/md0 -a /dev/sdb1
> mdadm: cannot find /dev/sdb1: No such file or directory
>
> mdadm /dev/md1 -a /dev/sdb2
> mdadm: cannot find /dev/sdb2: No such file or directory
>

> Ideas???

First see if these will work ...
  mdadm hotadd /dev/md0 /dev/sdb1
  mdadm hotadd /dev/md1 /dev/sdb2

if not;

Looks like sdb is not functional.
try
  fdisk /dev/sdb
to see if the system can find it.
also you might look to see if boot found it.
  dmesg | grep sdb

If fdisk found it, you might try deleting the partitions
then do;
  mdadm /dev/md0 -a /dev/sdb1
  mdadm /dev/md0 -a /dev/sdb2

--