[BlueOnyx:09310] Apache add "php" extension to URLs ?

Frank Soyer fsoyer at systea.net
Wed Jan 4 09:55:33 -05 2012

Hi all,
I have this problem on a site on BO 5.6 :

We have two Rewrite rules like this :
RewriteRule
^univers/partager/communaute/$ /univers.php?univers_parent=partager&univers=communaute [QSA,L]
RewriteRule
^univers/partager-communaute/$ /univers.php?univers_parent=partager&univers=communaute [QSA,L]

On the site, a file named /univers/partager/communaute.php exists.

Problem:
The first rule don't work when we call
<website>/univers/partager/communaute : in fact, we find that apache
don't read it, and directly load the
*file* /univers/partager/communaute.php (without passing first by
univers.php, so without loading needed libraries, and so on).
The second rule work perfectly, when we call
<website>/univers/partager-communaute

What is strange here is that apache seems to find "communaute.php" when
we ask for "communaute"... So I try with another file : creating a
phpinfo.php, I call "phpinfo" and... It works !
Like if something add ".php" at the end !
I try it on another BlueOnyx : same thing. On a Debian : 404 error (what
seems more logical).

So. IMHO it's not a "standard" behavior, I've never seen that Apache add
anything on files, yes ? Does anyone know where this can be configured ?
And how revert to a "standard" behavior ?

Thank a lot.
Frank